Thursday, November 10, 2016

NOVEMBER 10


THE PEOPLE have spoken and elected a President

THE PARTIES have spoken and one party got 270 votes in the electoral college.

Thomas Kuhn in THE THEORY OF A SCIENTIFIC REVOLUTION said the only way change can come is if we feel that the present paradigm is not working...so we create a new paradigm that works!

Let's do it.  The Electoral College was created in 1786 to assure that literate men would choose the President.  That paradigm is at best an anachronism...at worst, ludicrous.  I know some literate women!  And I bet all of the people who cast a personal vote knew how to read and write.

How can we change our paradigm... What can I do to make it happen?

JANE

1 comment:

  1. Dear Ms.Vella, this post is not related to the Electoral College. I am reading "Learning to Listen, Learning to Teach". Today I have been so impacted with the Zambian story and the account of the impact of a simulation to expose deep attitudes. I am inspired. Thank you so much for telling the stories in the book, may you have a blessed 2017!

    ReplyDelete