Monday, July 28, 2014


THE REST IS HISTORY

       I am  making history here on the back porch: by resting!  At rest, I read differently: slowly, chewing the feelings and ideas until they are digestible and fruitful, giving me strength because they are now mine.

   At rest, I can snooze a lot, and dream. The dreams are rich and vital, telling me more than all the books I read!  How about the latest dream:  I have a house full of company – hundreds of men and   women! And no food ready! I think: I can make a big pot of pasta!

   At rest, I can watch great old films – laughing and crying, celebrating the art and the stories.     At rest I can watch and hear opera – singing along and sometime directing the Met Orchestra, weeping when the lovely lady dies…

    At rest, I can pray…relentlessly thanking GOD for blessing with GOD’S surprises all whom I name…confidently thanking GOD for particular gifts for particular folks…continuously thanking GOD for my life and loves

    At rest, I can imagine a world where the Great Reversal is being implemented:
       Where teachers ask and show and do not tell
       Where food is plentiful and healthy and accessible to all
       Where a church includes women (Acts 1:10)
       Where factories making arms are now making solar panels and windmill turbines
        Where we all travel on buses and trains and automobiles are in a museum

      At rest, I can design the next dinner party, the next tea on the back porch: with fruit of the season and sweet southern tea!   At rest, I can wait patiently, in wonder and awe, in thanks and praise, in sweet reveries and excited anticipation for the next of GOD’s surprises.  
      

The rest is, indeed, history!

No comments:

Post a Comment